reflections on strength


i sit in the chair
my head resting
my body tired
unable to sleep

my eyes are heavy
so so weary
and yet the pain
the pain keeps me awake.

i hear the laughter around
grace in the backyard
elijah bounding down the stairs
little samuel
so joyful

and i am determined


determined to look at them
see the world with their eyes
the beauty
and joy
and good

even in the midst of pain
because life, well life, is short
and i don't want to lose these days
even though it's harder
than days before

so I cling to those words of Paul
those words in Philippians
about being brought low and
abounding
and in all he could do it
because Christ gave him strength.

that is my prayer
praying for healing
but also for strength from our Savior
and in that strength patience
and laughter
and joy.

it's a season
there's a lesson
keep my eyes open to the good, Jesus.

even when it's hard

thank you for today
and my family
and life

thank you, Jesus, thank you.