it's friday again -- time for some favorites -- wk 20

I'm resting and not moving around much today.
And in resting I realized that this is week 20 for (friday favorites)
Can you believe it? I love the joy that it brings week after week.

So now, as I rest, it's time for me to share some of my favorites.

friday favorite things | finding joy

Friends
I cannot get over how blessed I've been this week by my friends

From vacationing in Hilton Head
with Amy, Julie and Susie
sitting at the edge of the ocean chatting
{those are my feet}


to spending my day sharing life
with sweet sweet Carissa
{from lowercase letters}
who became friends with my already friends
{how could I not share this picture just one more time?}

{again, me top left corner and Carissa bottom right corner}

to having my dear, super-star neighbor friend, Maria
(here she is finally -- love her -- my dear, dear friend)
drop everything to take me to my doctor appointments
and arriving at my door with a Caribou coffee for me as well.


to Julie taking my boys
and driving me to the soccer jamboree
(look at that boy with his medal -- it's real steel, mom -- that's what he told me)


to phone calls and encouragement

and tweet prayers
and blog prayers
and amazing email prayers

All of it leaves me grateful.

Love the gluten free fudge popsicles that Chloe made


and Hannah documenting Samuel sitting on our front steps

to silly oversized hospital robes and gowns
and me in my nervous state -- prior to my epidural injection -- taking a picture


ha haha -- who does that? -- probably only me
and probably just to calm me down
cause I look terrified

not being too old to paint
especially a paint by numbers
{which I did in Hilton Head}
it says -- 8 to 88 -- and I fit in that age group


and this adorable little boy of mine
Caleb
who prays for my shoulder every night
--God, please heal my momma--


beautiful doors in Charleston
full of memories


naptime
not just for the little boys
but for me

Reading

{via}

I read Sarah's Key while in Hilton Head
A very hard read, but worth reading
it left me grateful
and thinking
Any other book recommendations for me? I've got to keep busy....

the simple beauty of strawberries


for a doctor's steady hand yesterday
yes, yes, yes so grateful for that

and for a beautiful love note tree
made by my wonderful children
Hannah, Chloe, Grace, Brennan
Caleb, Elijah and Samuel
when i was in Hilton Head



Oh, my, I love my family.
So so so much.

Really.
They're a gift from God.

If you'd like to add your own {friday} favorite -- write a post {or share a picture or a list or share your favorite post}, grab the button, add your link, and make sure to comment on other bloggers {friday} favorite posts -- because, remember, comments are a fave! My goal for this week? 30linkups. It's the 20th week it's been live. A girl can dream while she's resting all day, right? :)