drop everything. we're going outside.

If you had been in my house yesterday morning, those were the words my little boys heard. It was early morning, the sun was shining (which was glorious after enduring two solid mornings of thunderstorms) and in front of our yard a red St. Michael dump truck pulled up.

{Brennan, left, with his great next door friend, Liam -- talking trucks.}

They were fixing the roads.


I knew the day was coming. I read about it in the newsletter, and I kind of hinted to my construction loving and big truck boys, but I didn't know the day. And yesterday morning, the day I was so stressed about the shoulder mri, was the day where I could drop the morning chores and to-do lists and race into the front yard with my kids and experience their delight.


Such a gift from God - this break from normal.


It made me gather those boys (and Grace) and grab Hannah's camera and sit outside in the morning grass and watch those big trucks. Well, actually, I was watching those kids of mine. Watching them laugh and wonder and grin and sneak looks at those guys who got to drive the big trucks. And I relented to a picture by the big cone sitting in our driveway


I didn't think about my mri the entire hour we spent in our lawn enjoying life.


You got to grab those moments. And sometimes those gifts of a perfect moment end up parked in front or your yard. Then, seriously, you really must grab those moments.


Oh yes, and Samuel? He watched from inside the living room window with dad.

*******

Thanks for the prayers regarding my shoulder. My mri went great. Honestly, the hardest part was getting the injection into my shoulder. I didn't really prep myself mentally for that aspect of the whole procedure. They decided they didn't need an iv, and did a local injection into the joint. It was quite uncomfortable (and weird feeling). After that they led me to the mri, offered me music (classical), put my shoulder in some funky sling holder thingy (those are my technical terms), and pushed me back. It was this weird feeling -- hearing classical music and then loud medical noises all around. Made me tear up a bit.

But, I was fine. Great, actually. I got sleepy. And even (gasp) opened my eyes. And it wasn't that bad. I was in almost all the way -- my knees were out -- and yet I wasn't scared or terrified. I just felt peaceful.

I see my surgeon in 6 days. We'll see what he says. I keep getting all these mixed reviews on everything, and honestly, like my mom says, I need to not listen to any until I can speak with this doctor. Then I'll know.

Thanks for all the prayers.