reflecting on my week -- friday favorites

As I pondered this week
the up and downs and good and bads
i looked for those little moments of joy
found in the everyday.
Life.

friday favorite things | finding joy


Elijah Nathaniel
look at those eyes
love that boy


 of course he was looking at me like that because I was making him look at me
instead of him looking through the bushes
at those big red dump trucks
parked in front of his window

and taking shots of those dump trucks while sitting on your front steps
 watching your little ones laugh in excitement
while you wave a thanks to the construction workers who drove extra close to your yard.


black eyed susans
I have them everywhere
of course they tend to grow almost anywhere
sigh, I just like to feel like the pro-gardener :)


finding little girls
hanging in trees in the back yard


and again peeking at my raspberries
taken at dusk
and noticing (again) that there are no berries
but, that's okay, because my little boys loved every. single. one.


thankful for my tomatoes that are ripening
and, shhhhhh, I might have just ate one of those outside
in one of those walks around the yard
of course, it was a red one


arriving at ballet 15 minutes early
and then using the 14 minutes that remains to take a quick cat nap

taking a moment to rest 
and to have quiet
 by the weeding the front walk
or the back step -- don't you love my red handle?


one of my favorites of all time
ice cream
in beautiful bowls with hot fudge and nuts
tell me, what's your favorite ice cream?

 
And me, not caring about a messy room
but enjoying brothers playing together
content


Gracie's precision and details in
the beauty of colored pencils
so artfully arranged


talking with the mri tech about your seven kids
and telling them, as their injecting dye into your shoulder, how blessed you are to be a mom
and then chuckling as you blame the bum shoulder on carrying the kids around
which, of course, you'd do in a heartbeat again

I love being a mom
I'm grateful to be mom.
And to carry each of them.
living joyful


If you'd like to add your own {friday} favorite -- write a post {or share a picture or a list or share your favorite post}, grab the button, add your link, and make sure to comment on other bloggers {friday} favorite posts -- because, remember, comments are a fave!