a very random and very carefree post

I just need to write and be silly and joyful and optimistic. And the miscellany monday platform is my perfect forum -- a place for me to laugh and share life.

1} This boy makes me smile. How could he not? Look at that adorable {and yet terribly messy} face.


2} Read labels carefully. Maria (my wonderful neighbor friend) came over with these two containers of single serve Kemps ice cream. One labeled gluten free and one labeled may contain wheat. I discovered that the wheat one was printed in 2009. So, I guess besides reading labels to discover gluten you need to read labels so you don't end up eating icecream from 2 years ago.That's kind of gross....

3} Little boys love raspberries. Especially mine. So much that they ate all the raspberries off of my bushes -- including the little buds of ones that were hardly even green. So now, the red berries aren't blooming anymore. However, I do have some yellow berries that are almost ready. They haven't touched them. I think they don't think they're ripe. Shhhhhhhh. Those yellow ones are good.


4} Hannah wrote about it on her blog, but my new favorite drink is tonic and lime. It's becoming a staple in this home of mine. Kind of an odd drink to learn to love. But, I do. Daily.

5} The wallet. That I left at the grocery store. Yesterday. Can I blame it on the codeine pill that I took the night before? Then, lol, I must be looking older -- the bagger came running after me, "ma-am, ma-am you left your wallet." It's like being told I look like I'm from the midwest while in the airport at Charleston. :) Again, I'm just wondering what made us look like we were from the midwest? And is that bad? Or just perhaps a compliment?

6} 2weeks. That's how long it's been since I left for Hilton Head. It feels like so long ago. I was going through my pictures and came across this new favorite. It's the sun rising on the last morning I was there. I'm so grateful for that week of rest.


7} TOS Review Crew. I was accepted as a member of The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew (there's a button on my sidebar). This is a huge blessing -- so much of the material that they're already sending me is material that I needed for the schoolyear. So, be on the lookout, because peppered inbetween blog posts about life and celiac disease and food and being a mom and faith and being silly and hope there will be some wonderful homeschool material reviews. That I'm already praying will bless some of you as well.

8} Friday Favorites. What do you think? Keep going after 20 weeks? I love writing them, and hope that it's a blessing. I'm just wondering what ya'all (that's my attempt at my southern drawl) think. And if you love it if you'd help me promote it. A girl loves company, you know!

friday favorite things | finding joy

9} The tan. It's fading. Oh well. The freckles? They're staying.


10} Page Views. Due to Carissa's (my lowercase letters writer and awesome friend) post on when we met she has now become the top referrer to my site. Love her. That popular friend of mine. And now, I'm waiting till we can meet again. Think I can convince her to come north to the either frozen or incredibly hot land of minnesota? Donchaknow...we're fun up here.

make sure to hop over to lowercase letters to link up your own miscellany. I've been doing these for well over a year and just love the absolute randomness in which i can write. And can you believe it? Almost an entire post written with no mention of the shoulder pain. Until now. Almost.....sooooo close. 

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters