an early morning nap

I woke up early with good intentions to write my Monday morning post.  After all, I had all of Easter to share with you all.  I sat down, opened up blogger, and almost immediately heard my Samuel cry.

I picked him up, fed him, and was thinking that I'd just hold him while I typed. Then I looked at him, and how tired he seemed, and how he just wanted me to hold him. To be still.

Slowly, I left the computer, and rested with him on our old plaid couch. His sweet body nestled in the crook of my arm and within minutes -- he was asleep. We stayed there for almost an hour. Just Samuel and me. While he slept I rested, prayed for him, and enjoyed the simple quietness and calmness of holding a sweet little one.

I could have missed that moment.

I could have stuck with my initial idea to write, to be on schedule, to start Monday in a rush.


But Samuel had different plans.

And just like I wrote about last week with Caleb and coloring {choosing the right color}I was once again reminded how I needed to release my agenda - the cooking, cleaning, blog writing, over-achieving, I need to get it all done agenda. Somehow the Lord has been teaching me to slow down. To stop moving on hyper-drive and to begin to be alert to the moments, the gifts, that He has planted right in front of me. I was moving so fast that I had been missing some of the beauty in the every day.

So this morning, at 6:12 am, I embraced the moment.

After all, there won't be many more days where Samuel will fit in the crook of my arm.

But this morning? He did.

And it was wonderful.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters