living like ellie

I've been stuck.

This week I've found myself feeling discontent. Or perhaps overwhelmed. Instead of consistently taking every thought captive (Romans 12:2) I had allowed this to percolate into my everyday.  It really got me nowhere.

I was losing the beauty.

Trouble is -- I am stubborn. I didn't want to easily let go.

But God knows me. He knows my heart. He knows how to remind me to let go of pride and discontent and anxiety and overwhelm.

He reminded me of beauty and joy in everyday life when I was downloading a new ringtone for my phone. Yes, then -- on that Thursday afternoon window of time between ballet runs when I sat on our rocking chair and searched for the perfect one. In the midst of the not-so-perfectly clean house, and a little one running around barefoot, and no dinner plans, and me, and my silly mood. Right then.

It was this song -- Married Life -- from the animated movie UP.  And for those of you who've seen the movie, you'll know why that music, that four minute scene is beautiful. Ellie {the main characters wife} lived the most joyful and vibrant life -- even though nothing seemed to work out like planned.

So as the music streamed in my living room I felt my heart soften. Tears, held back by pride, began to well up and roll down my weary face. I need to be like Ellie. I needed to be reminded that life is a gift to be lived. Full of joy.

I am so grateful.

And with that long intro, I give you my favorite things.


friday favorite things | finding joy


the movie UP
this scene from the movie UP
{it is worth taking 4 minutes to watch}



the character Ellie
{who, if you've seen the movie, lived the most wonderful life}

being reminded of the absolute beauty in giving the gift of life

these everyday moments in my life
{pictured below -- my mini ellie montage without the music}

my life








these guys
all of them
{just ignore the Merry Christmas part...}


embracing my joyful life

being reminded to look at the beauty

and

God, my Savior, who knows my heart,
who knew exactly what I needed to hear.

How about you? How do you remind yourself to look for joy?

I've included the linky for those who'd like to link up with their favorites from the week. It can be a list {like I normally do}, or a picture, or a wordy post {like today}.  The intent? To find joy. And in finding joy our daily lives can be celebrated. It brings the focus back off of us and more on our Savior. He blesses us with those hours, those days, those gifts of joy.

Blessings on your gift of today, this Friday.