tradition

My family is steeped in tradition.
In fact, I work very hard to instill tradition into our lives.
Because tradition = memories.

One of our traditions? Which was passed down to me from my parents?

The annual Easter Egg Dye.


And I must confess. Every year prior to boiling those eggs I have a moment where I think, "maybe I won't do it this year." And then realities and memories take over. And I take out my grandmother's old pot, fill it with water, and wait while my kitchen begins to fill with steam as the eggs boil away.


The boys were running around, Gracie was taping paper to our table, and I was standing there waiting in the midst of utter chaos. Loving every crazy moment. Watching. Helping. Rejoicing. Grateful. Savoring the tradition.


And so we dyed our eggs. And made a mess.


And it was beautiful. 


*******
To view the entire photo-journal of our entire egg-dyeing day please visit my daughter Hannah's blog {click - Aspire- } Once there you'll be able to discover exactly how many eggs we dyed -- and then let me know if that amount makes us a tad bit crazy. ;)


Have a joyful and blessed Easter. 
May you rejoice in the glory of our risen Savior! 
Alleluia!!