that beautiful connected life

Sunday, especially this Father's Day Sunday, was a beautiful day.

{Hannah walking to my Dad's blueberry patch}

It was a day of laughter. And fun. And hard work. Well, at least for our family as we helped my dad build a new shed. But even that work was fun as we were working together as a family. We've built things with my dad since I was little -- from a porch, to a deck, to a new garage and workshop, to the shed and more. It's kind of what we do when we visit.


It's fun when you're three and your imagination is let to run freely -- from pretending to walk into a castle across the bridge. Isn't that what his grandpa was building? The perfect boys' fort instead of a shed? :) At least that's what Elijah played all afternoon.


It was about family. Being outside. Doing life together.


And family is important to me.


The kids spent the afternoon running around the back yard -- back and forth and around and behind and back and forth again. I watched them dash through the green apple trees and remembered doing that myself. It felt like yesterday that I was that size -- with life spread in front of me like an endless blank canvas. My life memories interwove and connected with my kids. I love that.


I wandered around and saw memories -- moments of intentionality that my parents took that made life-long impressions. There was the green trailer, the trailer that my parents pulled behind their van as they took us on a trek from Minnesota to Colorado and Wyoming. Camping. Exploring. Learning about life and being a family.


I sat on the concrete step with Samuel and chatted with my brother and sister as they worked high in the rafters of the new shed -- nailing board after board and joist after joist in place. Samuel played with rocks. And was content like his momma.



I needed a Sunday like yesterday. Some time to unplug and let my mind rest. To ponder the summer and the months to come. And to be grateful and joyful and content.


To cultivate memories for my kids. Memories of what it means to be a family -- time spent together in both work and play. To celebrate life.

{my dad with Samuel}

Father's Day was a lovely beautiful connected moment of life.

Did you do anything special? Please do share. :)

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters