friday {favorites} and celiac disease and life and more

This Friday these are my favorite moments.
Moments of simplicity.
And joy.
And victory.

Join me?

friday favorite things | finding joy


Samuel had a repeat check-up with his Pediatric Immunologist/Infectious Disease Doctor
everything is clear
everything is good.


He's gaining weight.

He's thriving.

Even though he was diagnosed with a very severe form of Celiac Disease
{meaning even the smallest amount of gluten affects him}
it is still manageable by adhering to his gluten-free diet.


But
more than that
there is victory.


As we left, Samuel's Doctor told me 
thank you
because of Samuel he will now test children and infants coming in with 
periodic fevers for Celiac Disease.
He believes Samuel was so sick due to undiagnosed Celiac.


When we left he congratulated me on discovering what was wrong with Samuel.
And thanked Samuel for helping him help other kids.

To God be the glory!
What is hard and painful and challenging will be used for good.
{I've linked up with Brag on God Friday}

It got me thinking about how grateful I am for the every day
{and how, back in January when Samuel was so sick I missed these simple everyday moments}

like time to sit in my garden

and to be grateful for the flowers grown in my yard now on my table


and times around the table as a family for dinner

eating homemade gluten free pizza


and mowing the lawn
and laundry to fold
{really, it's a blessing}

and seeing Hannah dance ballet in a parking lot with a great friend


and time just to be a family.

 I am thankful for

gluten free cookies made with big sisters

 {taken with big sister Chloe's itouch}

Spending time in the Word

Blogging friends
connecting via twitter

and 
resting in knowing that 
God knows all things
and that I sit, my family sits, in the palm of His hand.
Would you join me?
What was one thing that you are grateful this week?
I'd love to hear.
And if you'd like to link up -- write a post, a list, share your favorite photo or quote. Grab the button, enter your link and try to comment on those around you finding joy.

Blessings to you ~rachel