little did i know....

....how truly thankful I would be for that bag of $1.99 freezie popsicles that I mentioned yesterday in my {friday} favorites post

Or how much I'd miss that highchair that I wrote about on Wednesday in my big boy post.


Why? Yesterday morning, as my family was eating breakfast {which of course would be their favorite pbjs and Samuel's gluten free bread pbj} Samuel decided to lean in off of the chair that he was standing on {which he knows he's not to do} and when he took a step forward there wasn't a chair. It was air.

And he fell.

{that's him standing there again an hour later -- sigh}

As soon as I picked him up I knew he got hurt -- I could see the blood everywhere on the white pajama shirt with his favorite dump truck -- but I didn't know how bad. As Caleb ran upstairs crying, and sobbing that he didn't want Samuel to go back to the hospital {the whole Celiac experience really scared him about hospitals and brothers that get sick} Todd came running down with a wet washcloth.  I tried ice. He just wouldn't keep anything in that mouth to stop the bleeding.

Then Todd remembered our popsicle trick.  He pulled out a freezie, snipped the top, and handed over the tube of gluten-free, but super sugary, cold goodness to Samuel. As he sucked on that drippy mess the bleeding slowly {and I mean slowly} began to subside.


I saw that his top teeth met the bottom lip and proceeded to gouge out a big chunk.

Sigh.  After a quick call to my mother and a plea on twitter {thank you twitter friends} asking if bottom lips get stitched and another popsicle {this time orange} Samuel was ready to get off of my lap and go on with his day.

I am really truly completely all-the-way thankful for those popsicles.

And now I remember why we keep one {or two} hidden in the back of the freezer.

So now that you've heard my newest Samuel tale {how much drama can one little one have in his 21 months?} go to your local store and invest in those plastic wrapped freezies.  Eat a few. And save the rest -- make sure to hide them -- in the back of the freezer.  You just never know when you'll need one and how grateful you'll be that it's tucked away back there.


Oh, Samuel, oh my. I love you like crazy.

any been there done that tips like my popsicle one? please do share.
and the lip? this morning? considerably better.