where oh where oh where....

...did my little boy go?

Brennan started soccer on Monday. He's been waiting and waiting and waiting - and practicing and practicing and practicing. And finally, this hot hot hot week {yesterday we hit 102 -- and we live in Minnesota where at other times it gets to be negative 42} soccer began.

And he was happy.

And I saw my little boy, my first born son, grow up. Just a bit. 

{taken with the phone}

And I am so proud.

Being a mother is all about these moments, these days of seeing our little ones grow up. It's so hard to not fight it -- to wish to keep them little -- and yet, those moments of childhood are so fleeting. It's such a mixture of sweetness and bitter-sweetness and remembering and encouraging and living in the moment.

Oh yeah, and I am looking into soccer scholarships now for that boy.  hee hee hee. That's the pride of a momma's heart. :)

Lovely Photo - Wordless or Not-So-Wordless Wednesday at Aspire