it's me, caleb

(such sweet words)

Whenever Caleb comes in the room he announces his presence with -

it's me, Caleb.

And today, September 15th,  it's that sweet boy's fifth birthday.

I love him.

Before he was born, I knew that his middle name was to be Daniel.  Knew it.  Then, after praying, both Todd and I felt that he was to be called Caleb.  His name together? Caleb Daniel.  Which means faithful and brave.

Caleb and me - he was six weeks old
October 2005

Little did we know that a short eight weeks after his birth, my husband, Caleb's dad would be diagnosed with cancer.  I would hold that little baby, rock him, and feel the goodness despite the worries.  When we'd go to the Cancer Center patients would line up to greet the baby -- my Caleb. He was hope in the midst of trial.

Caleb on the 4th of July
July 2009

And he's always held that special spot in my heart.

When I'm down, he brings me flowers.

When I'm sad, he gives me a hug.

When I laugh, he laughs louder.

When I work, he works besides me.

I love my Caleb.

I am so grateful to be his mom.

Happy Birthday -  It's Me, Caleb!



------------------------


Lovely Photo - Wordless or Not-So-Wordless Wednesday at Aspire