this summer

~I want to play more games with my kids

and worry less about the lawn.


~~I want to sit and listen to their stories

and let them stay up till the stars shine.

~~I want to gaze up at those stars with my little ones

and teach them how to find the Little Dipper and Orion.

~~I want to watch the birds in my yard and learn the names

and remember to fill their feeders.


~~I want to read my Bible more

and let my heart begin to heal.

~~I want to start to memorize Philippians

and rest and meditate on those truths.

~~I want to go for morning walks

and listen to the world become awake.


~~I want to remember the sunscreen

and the aloe for after.

~~I want to watch my flowers bloom

and not care if they're accidentally picked for me.

 
~~I want to take them to get ice cream

and let them get two scoops each {to my kids who read these -- yes, I said two.}

~~I want to hold my little ones close

and not care about the unimportant.


~~I want to let them set up a "car wash" for all the toys in the garage

and be ready to wave by all the cars who slow down thinking we're having a garage sale.

~~I want to play the piano {my 100 year old piano} more

and pull out music that my grandmother made notes on.


~~I want to write a list like this with my kids

and let them choose things that they want to do.

~~I want to remember that it's not the big things that bring the most joy

but rather the little, unexpected every day moments

and I want to remember.


What do you want to do this summer?