the biopsy is scheduled and my heart is nervous

The Pediatric GI Surgeon called my home at 7:20 this morning.  He asked if Samuel had ate, and if he hadn't he wanted me to bring him in immediately for his biopsy. He wanted him in ASAP as the second lab result number was quite high.

(Samuel had just finished breakfast. Of course.)

So Samuel's biopsy is now schedule for tomorrow morning.  They will be looking at his stomach, small intestine, and taking biopsies of his small intestine.  It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, but they do sedate him completely.


Please keep up the prayers!  Samuel is so so so tired today.  For a bit he made a little fort on the couch and sat their playing with his new toy from Target.  (Yes, I caved and purchased him a toy -- he was just too sweet.) As my friend, Carissa from lowercase letters wrote to me, he's almost 16 months!! They don't rest on the couch like that!  Later today I could tell that he was worn because when he'd walk around his little legs would give out a bit.  It broke my momma's heart.


Hopefully we'll be home tomorrow.  They weren't sure when they scheduled and told me to plan either way.  Part of the concern is that Samuel's throat is slightly damaged from when he swallowed that star back in June. So they will be carefully monitoring his breathing as well.  Also, Samuel is supposed to fast for 8hours, and not have breastmilk after 5pm.  I am nervous about this as he doesn't handle most foods well and he's literally starving.  So pray that he sleeps and is comfortable!


Thank so much for the prayers.  I am blessed by every note and kind word that I read.  I am sorry that I haven't emailed you each personally and thanked you.  So please know that I am profoundly grateful.

Rachel