"good times, noodle salad"

Today was a bit better.  Samuel discovered he loves blackberries. It is a wonderful thing to sit in our kitchen and watch him pluck a blackberry and shove it into his blackberry-stained mouth.  With each eager bite, I prayed that he absorbed abundant nutrients.


Life is such a rollercoaster.

Challenging times make me appreciate normal times.  I look back at posts that I wrote -- about snow forts, and ballet, and homeschooling, and crazy life -- and long for that life that didn't have the added stress. Kind of like noodle salad.  Simpler.

Things have changed. For now.

Tonight I completely enjoyed the task of peeling potatoes and chopping them for dinner.

How can something so simple bring so much joy?  It's as if I had forgotten the beauty of the every day.  The blessing that is found in preparing a meal for those you love.  It's when everyday normalcy is taken -- ripped -- from you that those moments of simplicity regain intense meaning.


Life.  So varied. And still in all of it there are good times.

Me? Grateful for the normal moments of today.  Potatoes. Costco. Cleaning.

Gluten-free noodle salad.

Enjoy the everyday.  There's abundant joy there.

It can be found.

....

(curious about the title? It's a quote from one of my favorite movies As Good as It Gets.)