we are home from the hospital

Finally.

We arrived on Monday, stayed in the er for 7 hours, ended up staying as an in-patient in the short stay unit for 4 days (because the hospital was full and diverting patients due to the high number of rsv cases), got isolated in our small room so Samuel wouldn't get rsv, charmed many awesome nurses and doctors, and had many moments of bonding time with me.


Samuel experienced Celiac Crisis -- when the body needs to have a mega dose of steroids to stop the inflamtion in the intestinal track so that it calms down.  He was on an iv for fluids till yesterday.  We had to have the wound care team work with us to clear up his diaper rash.  We saw a nutritionist, and child-life worked with us to create the best environment for Samuel in such a small, small space. So so so many people came in our small room to check on my Samuel.

Samuel was also depleted in critical vitamins -- namely zinc and vitamin D. He was barely absorbing nutrients.

That was an experience.  If it wasn't for my wonderful nurses (who let me cry on their shoulders numerous times) I don't think I could have held up there.  Thanks for all the prayers, and words of encouragement.

It's not easy to hear that your child has an auto-immune disease.  In fact, I'm sure I'll be dealing with those feelings in the weeks to come.  I'm so grateful that those doctors could help him.  So grateful.

Thanks again for your love and prayers.

Rachel