and for now -- i wait and wait and wait

That was exhausting. 

I had no idea.  

{It's probably a good thing I didn't know what the day had in store.}

We arrived at Children's Hospital at 12:45 and finally pulled out of the parking garage at 4:05.  

Your prayers? Completely felt.  In fact, when Samuel's doctor walked in the room he asked, 
"does he like to be called Samuel or Sam?" 
and I told him either was fine
to which he replied,
 "Samuel is a great BIBLICAL name." 
 That made my nervous heart rest. 
{I knew we were on the same page.}

{Samuel -- yesterday}

And that doctor? Wonderful. I trust him. He knew Samuel's case before I arrived as he had studied all of his labs and doctor notes from before. He was thorough and kind. I talked with him for almost 90 minutes before he even began to examine Samuel. After his evaluation he sent us down for a chest x-ray -- this time it needed to be perfect so we had to strap Samuel down -- but I was there and he didn't cry.  

The hardest thing for me to see was the lab draws.  The tech was very concerned that there were too many draws/tests and that the amount of blood drawn might be too much for his 21.5 pound body.  Those were words that I didn't need to hear. But, Samuel, sweet Samuel he did great. He didn't fuss once as the tech worked. He pointed at the frog banner on the wall and even leaned over to give me a kiss.  By the end he was pretty clammy -- and yet -- he managed to give the tech a scrunchy wave goodbye.

Why so many tests? My mind wrestles with the 2 foot sheet of labels for the various vials. And yet, I know it's because his doctor is looking for answers. And that they need to be found. The results will slowly trickle in over the week -- and I have a repeat consult with the doctor next Monday. The same day that we see his GI Doctor. {I think my nerves will be going crazy on Sunday as some of the waiting will be ending soon.}

The next time Samuel gets a fever he is to immediately go to his clinic or the Children's Hospital for another chunk of lab draws. They need to see the difference between well and ill. 

Until then?

 I wait. 

And praise God for His goodness in blessing me with such a great doctor. 

For health, and friends, and the start of answers.

Thank you for your prayers. 

I needed them.