a necessary reprieve


I have a dear friend who wrote me a sweet birthday note on facebook.

These were her words --Happy Day that the Lord brought you in to being...Praying that you- and all that you do, especially being that mirror reflecting God's love for His/your children, feel celebrated today. The word reprieve is coming to mind- so, this too I shall pray as I lift you to Him, even if the temporary relief is short...may it be sweet and you bask in His Light, His gift to you! Continuing to stand with you, Rachel ♥ -- (Thank you, sweet Cheri).


I received note after note and prayer after prayer from you, my blogging friends (thank you for your many birthday wishes), from my family, my church friends, and more that mirrored those words -- specifically that I would have a day of laughter, and fun, and fellowship.

A reprieve.


After taking Samuel to the doctor in the morning I came back home to find out that my family planned a surprise celebration for me.  There was an entire list of activities -- including a much needed nap -- planned for the day.  My house was spotless, there was fabulous gluten free food -- including a favorite Pad Thai -- and there was so much laughter. Laughter playing my ridiculously silly and fun new game Quelf.  Or lining up to take silly pictures in the photobooth that Hannah prepped.


Everyone knew.

I needed to laugh.


My heart has just been so heavy with my Samuel lately.

It was a beautiful thing to just laugh.

{And be a tad bit silly.}


(that would be me and Hanni and Chloe -- looking goofy)

 And to let the worries slip away, just for a bit.


Thank goodness for birthdays and good friends and a beautiful family.

I was blessed.