~ just a few more (friday) favorite things ~

Last week I started listing some of my favorite things.
I list them because they remind me to be 

thankful
joyful
and
grateful.

So often, it's easy to journey through life and forget to remember the beautiful gifts that are right in front of us. Life is hard, and busy, and challenging, and draining, and crazy -- and all of that smooshed together in a day can lead quite quickly to overwhelm. I've discovered that when I take just a few moments to remember the blessings and favorites in my life that my outlook for the day (or week or sometimes hour) shifts.  Even in the hard times.

So with that, here is my list of favorites for this week.

gluten free Chex cereal

Samuel eating gluten free Chex cereal



freedom to homeschool

Chloe's ipod touch 

getting to borrow Chloe's ipod touch

the game Settlers of Catan (if you haven't played it you must try)

(taken with Chloe's Ipod....hee hee hee)

the fact that my kids like to play Settlers of Catan with me

(Settlers of Catan that I play on Chloe's Ipod)

my dishwasher

little boys named Elijah who love to spike their hair


quick-reading thermometers

parent observation days at ballet

Trader Joe's Gingerbread Coffee

Hannah's camera

(i love using her camera)

Hannah's pictures 

the fact that Hannah blesses me with many of her pictures

nail polish remover

Gracie's really puffy slippers


The Amazing Race (I secretly would love to be on that show)

LUVS diapers

my Bible

cell phones

the beauty of chopped vegetables


middle girls who love to chop and julienne and dice veggies


the smell of those veggies cooking

my gluten free cookbook from my friend, Carissa

the natural cleaning tips that Carissa has on her blog right now

heat in the winter

that Spring is coming (and hopefully soon)

(some faux grass -- we need that for Minnesota winters)

the smell of clean laundry

clean laundry that is put away

empty hampers in my laundry room

(a give-away coming very soon having to do with laundry)

a couple more cute pictures of Samuel with the gluten free cereal



my parents

and this verse

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God, my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:5

Have a blessed and thankful Friday, my blogging friends!

♥ Rachel