joyful yes (faces) and some news

One Word Wednesday at Aspire
My lovely Hannah has done it again. A beautiful button to go with a beautiful new Wednesday meme. For me, the writing too much person, I love the idea of finding a picture in the stash of digital pictures that captures a word. Her word this week? joyful {faces}.

I think I've seen joy.


What do you think? Does this capture joy? Because I love it.

{my Brennan when he was four}

And, as far as using the word yes, how did your day go yesterday with those yes answers sprinkled in with the no's? I noticed that my entire older crew {basically all those kids of mine who read my blog} was in a different mood -- more playing, more laughing, more agreeing. All from trying to say yes more.

That heart change created many joyful {faces} moments.

I think my family needed the reminder as well.

So, today, I'm going to try my joyful yes challenge again. After all, playing Parcheesi at 8:25 in the morning is just plain fun -- even though I came in dead last. Or making a smoothie the first time they ask versus in the in a minute time was a blast. Or reading the same Harold and the Purple Crayon and belly laughing.  Those moments all came from saying yes.

********
please imagine an announcer with that deep announcer voice stating 
{and now, some finding joy announcements}

Samuel is doing excellent this week.
  No weight gained, but no weight loss. 
 The big difference is the massive increase in energy.  
I will always be grateful for your prayers.  

Friday starts my {friday}favorite things link-up.
What is it?
A list of thankful and favorite moments from the week or life in general.
I'd love for you to join me -- I'll have the linky open early in the morning.

The WOOL DRYER BALL GIVEAWAY still open. 
 If you want a shot at winning my new favorite laundry accessory
click

and 

Find a joyful faces picture and click the button above to link to Hannah's blog. 
Let me know you did and I'll be over to peek at your photo.
 You'll meet some other sweet bloggers and will get to sprinkle your morning with joy. :)