some random (and possibly silly) facts about me

Alright my friends -- today I am doing something just a bit different.  Shocking? Probably not. :)

At the bottom of this post is an update on Samuel.  Thank you for praying for him. Thank you.



Photobucket


Anyways, I'm joining in on Lynnette Kraft's Thoughts of Spring Blog Party at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground. I've known Lynnette for years -- and seriously -- she is balm for my heart, she gives me joy, and many, many, many times just makes me laugh.

And then you get to learn a bit more about me. That's good, right?
{and possibly humbling for me}

How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.)

{do I look like a geographer?}

Seriously, Lynnette, one word??? I don't know how to do this one word thing.........okay. I'll try. I can't. You guys got a word? I'm thinking joyful. Or intentional. Hannah just told me -- geographer.  Nice. I guess my love of geography is trickling down. She did just come back and say joyful. Or planted. That's better.

What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
{source}
Phil, from The Amazing Race. That's partially because I would love to BE on The Amazing Race. Can't you just see my blip under my name? Rachel -- homeschooling mom of seven. You know that's what it would be. And Phil in his voice-over would be stating, "Rachel, that homeschooling mom of seven...." as they would show me unable to solve a history problem or messing up simple addition. ha ha ha

Are you a hopeless romantic?

No. I kind of wish at times I were, but then I am kind of like Lynnette -- I just start giggling or feeling silly and then I have to make a sarcastic comment, etc.... I'm more of a lets go walk through the park and chat or let's do yard work together type of gal.

What is your comfort food/drink?

That would be COFFEE. Any kind. Any time. Decaf at night, please.  Since I'm constantly to and fro from ballet coffee has become the beverage in my hand.  Food? Anything Thai. Right now it's some gluten-free Pad Thai.

{mmmmmm.....coffee....how i love thee}

Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?

I've never been completely caught up with laundry for more than a week. I really would desire to keep up with it for at least two weeks. Speaking of this laundry -- I've just opened a giveaway for some wool dryer balls....shown below....here's the link! wool dryer ball giveaway



Okay, seriously, I'd love to go on a missions trip with my kids. No explanation needed.

Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.

If I get nervous I shake my hands out or fluff my hair. Fluffing the hair creates quite the eighties look, by the way. I think it's just a way to get energy out of me. Years ago, when I played the organ (how's that for random? who do you know that plays the organ) for church I'd shake out my hands in between hymns. I did NOT fluff my hair. Awkward.

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?

I don't like elevators. At all. If others are with me than I'm better, but as soon as I'm alone in an elevator I'm always looking for my escape route in case I get stuck. Most often, I'll take the stairs.

What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift)

I'm creative. Not afraid to take risks. I've played the piano since I was four -- and many times that is when I think or pray. I'm grateful for the years of lessons my parents payed for when I grew up. So grateful --they must have known I would needed to pray a great deal.

{my parents piano}

Okay....I need to teach my kiddos and start my day.  Mass chaos is starting to begin.

Click over to Lynnette's blog to check out more bloggers and thanks for reading my silly post. :)

** Samuel Update **


{At this point, we're going to keep watching the weight loss and we're thinking that it is because he eats no dairy.  Some Celiacs cannot have dairy when they first go gluten-free.  There is also no obvious underlying infection.  The next time he gets an atypical fever we go in for the labs to make sure that his body handles infections/fevers and to see if there is another underlying issue. Until then? We rest. And eat gluten free. He has croup -- so if you could pray for that as the docs do not want me giving him prednisone (which I don't like too much anyway) unless it is absolutely critical since it would mess up any labs that he could have drawn.  Thanks.}