chaos to order

(first--thank you for your prayers for Samuel.  I just needed to thank you all again.)


My laundry is folded.

All 8 loads.

 Folded, stacked and -- sitting on my family room floor.

folded order -- really

Now, I need to put it all away.  And that's the part I really dislike.  Up and down the stairs, hanging, moving -- it's just not that enjoyable.

It's that whole idea of follow-through.  If I don't finish, then all that work till the wee hours of the morning was in vain.  The stacks will become piles.  And I'll have to start over. Again.

Honestly?  The last thing that I want to do at 7:13 in the morning is to lug 4 baskets full of laundry around the house.  But, I will.

There are two trigger points that I have with regards to my home.  One -- a messy kitchen.  And Two -- excess laundry.  If either of these are not kept up with then the rest of the house suffers.  They become the catalyst for mess.  And, honestly, I function better in order.  So even though I do not want to deal with that laundry now -- I will.  And order and peace will be the result.

These are the things that take the most time and most work, yet have the largest impact on our day.  So I plod forward determined to once again catch up.  And slowly, the energy in the home shifts from behind to on-track.  Frustration moves to contentment.  And honestly, there are lots more smiles when they -- the kiddos -- realize that I'm not operating overwhelmed. It's a daily task -- not weekly.

Chaos = discontent.  Order = peace.

Off to put away those clothes.

basket 2 of 4