Miscellany Monday

Yikes!  I can't believe it's Monday again.  You would start to think that I would run out of random things to say, but alas, I just keep having more to write about.  It's almost if Miscellany Monday is fueling my randomness.  And that deserves another YIKES!

1) A garage sale is a tremendous amount of work.  And while you are working terribly hard you get to meet many of your neighbors -- which is a fabulous blessing.

2) All of my kids, especially Hannah and Chloe, rejoiced when the garage sale was over.  Literally.  I think there was some jumping, running around and audible sighs of relief.

3) If you do a garage sale do not use the round stickers that Target sells specifically for sales.  While they may be cute, colorful and easy -- they do not remove.  You will spend much precious time (while chatting with your neighbors) trying to gracefully rip off the small dime sized tag while not tearing the item that you are desperately trying to sell for 50 cents.  The whole time with a delightful smile on your face--while inside feeling quite annoyed.

do not use -- they are forever

4) I will be planting again today.  I went to a garden center and found 3 azalea bushes on closeout for $3 each.  That is within my budget.

5) Last fall (and every fall) I let the kids take turns and smash their carved pumpkin in my garden.  It's mega uber fun.  In fact, so much so that my neighbor kids now bring their pumpkins over.  It's a one-at-a-time cheering fest as the lucky child gets to bash their on the verge of rotting pumpkin with an old wooden bat.  This summer in my garden, deep in my beans, I noticed these HUGE leaves.  Vine type leaves.  It took a couple of moments of pondering before I realized that they are pumpkin plants.  4 of them.  Hmmmmm....wonder where they came from???

pumpkins in the beans

6) I am keeping the pumpkin plants.  As soon as my peas are done, I will pull them out and start wrapping the vine around the trellis.  Love this!  Want to see where they came from?


couldn't help it -- had to show my little pirates

7) Hannah (aspire) was in the paper this week showcasing her performance in ballet.  She was spring rain -- and oh so graceful.

picture of the paper taken with my cell phone

8) Stay tuned for a give-away this week.  I was given an opportunity to review a Teething Bling Necklace.  I will tell you that they are awesome.  And I have one to give away ---

9) only 9 randoms today.  I'll be back on track next week. :) hee hee hee

Have a great Monday!  Be sure to write your own random and link up.



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters