Miscellany Monday

Anyone have any extra hours in their day that they'd be willing to give to me?  Lately it seems as if I've got more to do than I have time.  I'm blaming it on the garage sale I'm having this week.

So here goes -- my Miscellany Monday.  (Written late on Sunday night.)

1)  2 Teaspoons does not equal 2 Tablespoons.


2)  4 inches of rain in one night creates a pond in our backyard.  While this may not be good for the raspberries I just planted (35 plants) it was excellent entertainment for my two boys ages 4 and 6.  That entertainment turned into entertainment for me -- their romp through the puddles created an extra load of laundry.  Twice.  Note: this is the only true Miscellany for this week.  The others have a common, yet random, thread.

3) 2 Tablespoons of baking soda in a cake that requires 2 teaspoons creates quite the, how should you say it, unique flavor.

 that's the formula for baking soda

4) There are no birthdays in my home for the next two months.  This is extraordinary as we have 9 birthdays that we celebrate in our home.  The birthdays in our home are in - January, February, March, April, June, August, September (2x), and November.

5) Prior to Samuel, everyone in our family had their own birthday month.

6) Samuel was due October 3.  He was born September 25.  If he had been born in October, then everyone would have had their own birthday month.  I was fine that he was born in September -- I was tired of being pregnant at that point.  I just wanted to hold that sweet baby. 

 Samuel and me -- just hours after his birth in September.

7) Still wondering about the tablespoon and teaspoon fiasco?

8) Speaking of birthdays, all my daughters were born in the first half of the year and my sons in the second half. And again, prior to Samuel, all the girls were born after 12 noon and all the boys before 12 noon.  Samuel decided to be born at 3:12 pm.  Again -- I was okay with that arrival time.  I really, at that point, just wanted to hold that sweet boy.

Elijah meeting Samuel the day of his birth

9) The cake that I ruined?  Hannah's birthday cake.  Though her piece was edible with a pile of whipped cream. Lots of whipped cream.


ahh -- the cake -- and my photographer daughter, Hannah, taking pics of it.

10) Appearances can be deceiving.  Look how beautiful that cake looks.  You'd never know that the homemade chocolate cake (made with vinegar and no eggs) had all that baking soda.  Hmmm....there could be a life lesson in that.  Or at least a post. And knowing me, I'll be writing about it later this week. :)

Have a blessed Monday!  And don't forget to link up to Carissa's Miscellany Monday.  I'm praying she's getting some good rest and enjoying her sweet Sage. 

Now -- off to go price some more stuff.  I mean treasures.




Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters