bread

Last night our church -- Living Hope -- gathered to make sandwiches.  Pieces of bread, with meat and cheese in the middle.  Over 60 of us worked side by side, for an hour, putting together these sandwiches.  A little over 1200 were made.  All delivered to the homeless in Minneapolis.

It was awesome.

There is a joy in serving that is forgotten in times of not serving.  There was laughter as the sandwiches were moved down the line.  There were stories.  And prayers.

Hannah and Chloe made sandwiches.

And as we were leaving they told me, "I can't wait until we can do it again."

I could teach them about service.  I could tell them how people need these sandwiches.  We could talk all day.  But really understanding service takes doing. It takes giving of one's self, one's time, one's agenda. And that is what we did.

God is good.  He is so, so good.

 picture taken by my friend, Joshua Skogerboe