What I would

that's my Gracie

Sometimes I remember.

I remember the dreams that a little girl had -- about life, about motherhood, about being an adult.

I remember the hopes.

I remember.


What did I dream?

Did I dream about love?

Or adventure?

Or joy?


Did I know there would be hard times?

Cancer.

Loss.

Sorrow?



What did I think?

Would I dream knowing the reality?

Would I?


I would tell that little girl, that dreamer, that life is worth living.  To keep believing.  And moving.

I would tell that princess in disguise that she's worth it.  That reality doesn't determine worth.

I would tell that eight year old that God is faithful in all things.

I would tell her that being a mother is the greatest gift.

I would tell her to look forward.  To not cling to the past.

I would tell that dreamer to forgive.  To keep the slates clean.

I would tell her to love her husband.  Always.

I would tell her that life is a gift.  Time is finite.  Use it wisely.

I would tell her to live by the Spirit.  Not self.

I would tell her to keep dreaming.