is it just me?

I have these blogging struggles.  I really do.  Not about writing, as I could write, write, write.  But more about NOT allowing me to get caught up in the numbers aspect of blogging.  That's not me.

Yet, I found myself wondering "why" when I noticed I lost a follower.

You'd think I wouldn't care, right? Yet, I'll be wondering if it was something I wrote -- was I not serious enough? or funny? is my grammar bad?  my pictures not high quality? or what? Somehow I get as insecure as a lanky third grader wishing to be picked for a team for kickball.

So I started to ponder the reasons behind the insecurities.  Comes down to those old struggles about fitting in and being noticed. Those traps.  It's ironic that the outlet that I love so much has the very traps that I've struggled with since I was the lanky third grader mentioned above.

So instead -- I've decided to focus on what I do have, the truly important, and what I love about blogging. Those truths? 

Many of my followers have become my friends.
Truly friends.
Friends that I trust, that I love, that I am grateful for.
It's not about the numbers.
Really.
It's about the relationships.
And I'm grateful.
For you.

It's a strange thing, blogging.  Strange how it makes me look right at my heart.