finding joy in the dirt

the month of may
has a tendency to race by
way too fast

filled with things to do
they seem so urgent
and yet they leave me exhausted


I need to slow down
slow down
slow down
slow down


and begin to embrace the sweetness in may
in the moments 
where my hands are in the dirt


where i can sit still
and breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe


even though my list
is longer than I care to admit
the list 
and completing the list doesn't equal happiness

in fact
the list
by itself 
creates anxiety


so just as there are moments of new growth
buds on the trees
seeds tucked into the soil
waiting
waiting 
waiting
for the sun and the rain to grow


there are moments of growth for me 
in the dirt times of life
celiac
finances
day to day


so in may
in the craziness of agendas being completed
there is still beauty


living life freely
and
fully


planting

embracing today
seeking intentionality


finding joy

it's not the list
it's the heart.