keep up your courage

1} Score? Allergies one, Rachel zero. Even though going gluten free has helped me with my terrible spring allergies, this week the allergies are winning. For those of you who see me in real life -- I have not been crying -- that is simply eyes inflamed due to my nemesis -- the birch tree.

2} I tell my kids that trees, and specifically birch trees, are my kryptonite. I'm serious -- the pollen from those trees takes me out.

{the maple tree bud}

3} No allergy medicine helps. My allergist wants to do allergy shots.  Problem is that by the time I'd get them started it's early June and my allergies are phasing out so I forget what it's been like this past week. Any experience with allergy shots? Or allergy meds? Please do share.

4} Despite allergies my favorite place to be is outside working in my garden or on my yard or in the grass. I absolutely love the physical work and the results of seeing dirt {or in my neighborhood clay} transformed into something beautiful.

{my "distressed" marigolds from the store that I got for 1/2 price}

5} Speaking of beautiful I watched the 20/20 Special on Stephanie Nielson who is the author of the blog NieNie Dialogues. I was so inspired by her words and her drive to seize life. It's a must view -- just make sure to have your box of tissues handy.

6} The younger kids and I read this book called "The Courage of Sarah Noble" for history last year. In it there is a line that she keeps repeating to herself -- keep up your courage -- and I love it. I've been finding that I need to speak a similar line throughout the day -- keep up your courage -- but it's with regard to daily life.  Sometimes the weight of everyday life can be oppressing and it takes courage and strength to plow through. Especially cheerfully.  So today, as I tackle my mountains of laundry, and homeschooling, and ballet runs, and sorting through spring clothes {yuck -- I really dislike clothing season change} and more, I've been telling myself to keep up. Keep up the courage.

{just one of my blessings}

7} Motherhood really requires courage and strength. Sometimes the day to day grind has the potential to drag one down and feel exhausted as if nothing was accomplished. It takes looking beyond the immediate and seeing the big picture while still living joyfully in the moment. Not easy, but thankfully our strength is rooted in the Lord.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
 My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
 {Psalm 28:7}

Have a wonderful Monday!

~Rachel

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters