little sayings

1} Mother's Day was lovely. I really am so grateful to be a momma -- each of my children brings me so much joy. At church I played a piece on the piano for the offering and at the end I had my sweet Caleb {who is five} come up with Hannah. Right when I finished he spoke into the microphone and said, "thank you moms." It was unbelievably sweet.

{that's my Caleb man}

2} Even sweeter? I could hear him whispering on stage and I heard him saying, "I can't do this, Hannah, I can't." But, he did it. Perfectly.

3} Even sweeter than that? I found out that he was so nervous back stage with Hannah that she spent the entire time praying with him and encouraging him. She WILL make a great mother some day. She's already an awesome big sister.

{Caleb and Hanni}

4} Caleb will make a great husband. Seriously. He is so tender and attentive to the needs of others -- especially me. He was so excited for Mother's Day -- he woke up early -- excited to give me a hug and to present me with my Mother's Day present. A homemade lego set. Now, come on, it doesn't get any better than that -- especially because he told me I'll get it for a whole day.

{that's my Caleb giving me a great hug}

5} Speaking of Caleb, he'll always tell me about how much he likes dinner. I told him that his wife will love that, and he replied, "I'll always tell her how much I like her food. Even if she cooks mushrooms, like you." Ha, ha, ha....I must use mushrooms a bit too much for his five year old palate.

6} Last line of Caleb's.  He was in the bathroom brushing his fabulous copper-colored hair and he stated, "Man, God gave me great hair." Those are priceless words from a five year old.  Especially one truly with great hair -- look at that {unedited} color from a couple summers ago. And the freckles. :0


7} Those moments are why I love being a mother. Even in the hard days, or lack of sleep days, or challenging days, it seems as if there are good and beautiful moments sprinkled in the midst.  Love that. 

Any cute sayings from your little ones?

Write them down. Or facebook them. Or blog. Just write them down -- there are many sayings that I've forgotten that I wish I remembered.

Now, I'm off for my Monday. I'm taking part in a cool webinar today {more details to come} and then we've got ballet, and teaching, and yard work, and laundry. And I'm tired. Because today, at 5:30 in the morning I woke to the sound of hail on our roof. That is not a wonderful noise -- I'll be taking a walk once it stops lightening and raining to check for damage.....

Have a great Monday! And link up with my friend Carissa -- she's got the winning bracelet from my Legacy Bracelet giveaway on her post today. It is gorgeous.


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters