please pray for samuel

So today is it. One of those parenting days that you really can't prepare for, that you can't escape, but that you have to do. It's those times where you know it will just plain hard for your little one, but you have to have them go through it because you love them so much.

That's today.

I try to prep his little 20 month old mind. I talk about the hospital, and how the doctors will make him sleep, and how I'll be there, and Jesus will be in the room. I tell him. And I hug him.

It's just really hard.

I just want to stay home. And read books, and putter in my garden, and clean the kitchen, and fold some laundry, and run around out back. But, like I said yesterday, I'm going to keep up my courage. Today is meant to be today.

{keep up your courage sweet Samuel Josiah}

Specific Prayer Requests
...calm heart for Samuel. He was nervous and scared yesterday at the doctor's office
...that Samuel can deal with  having no food till almost 2pm.
...during the procedure {12noon -1pm}
...steady hand for the surgeon
...that Samuel does not develop croup afterwards
...for kind and caring staff
...that the biopsy sample sites are taken in the right spots {they'll be taken throughout the intestinal tract}
...complete healing
...strength for me - specifically when I go back to the operating room while they put him asleep
...wisdom for the anesthesiologist
...that I can feel the Lord's presence throughout the day.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

for more information about Celiac Disease click on Samuel's story.