rejoicing -- friday favorite things

I have a great deal to be thankful for this week.
God has been faithful.
He's been healing my Samuel.
Day by day
bite by bite
Samuel's little body has regrown.
And I am grateful.

friday favorite things | finding joy

{please excuse the picture quality -- most were taken with my cell phone}

{I just had to share this picture again}

Toys in the Children's Hospital Surgery Center Waiting Room
{that are very clean}

the kind volunteer {in the background} that sits at the desk
always smiling and encouraging
I remember her
even though she probably doesn't remember me

{this was his favorite book}

45 minutes to just play with Samuel

watching him laugh -- unaware -- and yet feeling so safe

watching Samuel catch a reflection of himself
and then look behind the mirror to try to find that cute boy


my mother
who left work early to sit with me

and encourage me
{she inspires me}

growth charts that change dramatically

{see that last number plotted? And they don't even show his bottom low}

many lab draws done while Samuel is asleep

a kind and encouraging staff

monitors checking his vitals

{grainy cell phone picture}

soft armbands that don't hurt the skin

tiny armbands to put into the memory box

reminding me to be thankful


nurses that listen

friends that call
{and understand}

Samuel's favorite Snapple tea
that I brought along for him, of course


the sweet moments of singing with Samuel
just the words
Jesus - Jesus - Jesus
and resting in the power of those words

rocking chairs to wait in

{me waiting -- nervous}

and 
books to read

but most importantly in hope
and joy
in the midst of trials
and that this beautiful face
is home.


****
I'd love to have you join.
Link up your {friday} favorite post
{it can be a list like me, a picture, a favorite post, etc...}
grab the button above
and try to comment on those around you.

Blessings on your Friday
and
thank you {again} for your
love, prayers, and support.