home. exhausted.

Just a short update.

{when we arrived this morning}

Samuel did great. I mean really great. The anesthesiologist was shocked at how calm he was in the operating room -- I kept telling Samuel how much I loved him and how I was right there and how Jesus would stay with him even after I had to leave. He didn't fuss at all. We just put the mask on him and within a minute his little eyes fluttered and he was asleep.

{first time I saw him after}

It took about 35 minutes from when I left and till he was wheeled back. Then he proceeded to sleep for almost an hour. After he woke we waited a bit, took out the iv, and unhooked the pulse ox and then we went home.

{waking up}

He's exhausted. I'm exhausted. And I'm glad it's over.

Even with the already good news -- Samuel's weight rebounded dramatically and he's no longer bottomed off the chart but has sky-rocketed to the 25th percentile -- I still feel so weepy. It's such an unnatural thing to observe and deal with -- from seeing your child put to sleep, to the monitors, and the questions, and the need to be brave. So now, I think it's kind of catching up with me.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. As I waited for him I pulled out my phone and read each of your prayers. I was so blessed.

I've attached a couple pictures from today, and I'll post more tomorrow for {friday} favorites.

{sleepy boy}

Thank you again from the bottom of my tired, but grateful, heart.

~Rachel