could i just bottle time?

This week at the lake has been racing by.

Too fast.

I wish I could just bottle a bit of the time.  Just some moments.  Moments of quietness.  Of seeing a night sky bursting with brilliant stars.  Of eating just one more Nut Goodie Bar and not caring.  Of laughing at 10pm as my kids play games with me.  Of forgetting the day to day life and embracing life. Embracing family. Just living.

Without stress. 

My week at the lake gives me the teeniest, tiniest, and probably terribly inadequate glimpse of what heaven might be like.  Weeks like these are blessings.  Reminders of how this world is temporary -- that there is more beyond the daily grind.  They are moments of pause, of beauty, of connectedness.

I'm going to savor these days.

Tuesday evening's sunset

Gracie's fish

my view out the back of the boat

me, holding Samuel, walking to see fireworks on July 4th




(I just saw my live feed listing -- "a visitor from Walker, MN" -- that's me, up here at the lake.  I need a picture of that.)