time and faith



I've realized that my faith is weak.  We can talk about faith, and how we only need faith like a mustard seed, and how faith can move mountains.  But really having faith?  It goes so beyond the words.  And mine?  Needs some attention.

I've been falling prey to the realities of this world.  Of the laws, and rules, and outcomes that the world dictates.  I've listened to their truth; and yet, not read the truth.  And in doing that, I've minimized the Lord.  I've taken all the world's definitions of time, and reality, and outcomes and superimposed them onto the Lord.  But, He surpasses all of these earthly rules.  It's all too easy to believe that a problem is to great -- even for the Lord. Yet --

He stilled the sea.


He fed 5,000.


He healed those who were outcast.


He raised the dead.

Who am I to doubt him? Who am I to put my agendas and rules onto Him?  Our Father works through us -- through our faith.  When Joseph was in the pit in Egypt he needed to believe beyond the present reality of a dank, dark dungeon and believe -- have faith -- that He will be used for the Father's glory.

Last Christmas, I heard the song Four Days Late sung by SueAnn Berntson. (Her cd is worth every cent) It sent chills down my spine as I heard the truth in the words she sung.  Then, just tonight, I stuck her cd in the truck and listened to this song.  Once again, I was convicted of my stubborn nature. The nature that refuses to let go of my fears, and worries, and world parameters.  The part of me that fights trust -- faith.  The part of me that defines God and decides that He's late.  Well, He's not.  And, once again, I'm choosing to believe.  To have faith.  No matter what time our earthly world says it is. Faith.

Four Days Late
(Aaron Wilburn)

The news came to Jesus please come fast.
Lazarus is sick and without Your help he will not last.
Mary and Martha watched their brother die
They waited for Jesus- He didn't come.
They wondered why.

The death watch was over; buried four days.
Somebody said He'll soon be here
The Lord's on His way.
Martha ran to Him and then she cried
'Lord if You had been here- You could have healed him. He'd still be alive.


But You're four days late; and all hope is gone.
Lord we don't understand why You've waited so long.'

But His way is God's way.
It's not yours or mine
But isn't it great when He's four days late- He's still on time!

Jesus said, 'Martha, show Me the grave.'
But she said, 'Lord You don't understand- he's been there four days!''
The grave stone was rolled back.
Then Jesus cried, 'Lazarus! Come forth!'
Then somebody said, 'He's ALIVE! He's ALIVE!'

Right know you may be fighting a battle of fear
You've cried to the Lord 'I need You now!' But He has not appeared.
My friend don't be discouraged
Cause He's still the same.
He'll be right here 
and He'll roll back your stone
and He'll call out your name!

When He's four days late and all hope is gone
Lord we don't understand why You've waited so long.
But His way is God's way it's not yours or mine
But isn't it great when He's four days late- He's still on time!
Oh my God it's great when He's four days late- He's still on time!!!