day one


it's here
the beginning
of a new year

what will it bring?
I know life.

How can I expect it to not have
the ups and downs?

Ups and downs 
don't define
joy.

Or contentment.

"...for I have learned to be
content
in whatever
the circumstances."
Philippians 4:11b

How do you do this?
What is this type of contentment?

My word for this year?
Content.
My verse for this year?
Philippians 4:11

And this terrifies me.

I don't want the downs of the roller coaster.

I am not going to live in fear.
I am going to live thankful for each day.
Joyful.
Grateful for each moment.

Knowing that
there can be contentment
found in all things.

Dishes.
Teaching.
Driving.
Paying Bills.
Laughing.
Cleaning.
Reading.
Learning.
Doctor's visits.
Being a mom.
Planning.
Resting.

So this year
no matter what
I'm praying for contentment.

How about you?