the girls night


See that blurry pic?  The one taken with my camera phone?

That's from my girls' night.  Last night.  With my daughters -- Hannah, Chloe and Grace.  And my dear friend, Julie, who came along. We left our routine and headed out to the movies.

What did we see?  

Well, if you'd look at the Marquee of the movie theater there is absolutely nothing that would be appropriate for our family to see.  In fact, I didn't even want Gracie girl reading some of the titles.  That being said,  we saw the best family movie I've seen in a great while.

We saw Secretariat.

And it was awesome.

Inspiring, clean, funny, true, and beautifully filmed.  And did I say clean?  Because there wasn't a moment where I felt that "momma cringe" as something inappropriate flashes on the screen or is spoken.  And I was grateful.  It's sad that movie producers feel compelled to add a bit of controversy to a film.  Unlike Secretariat.

This was about life.  And persistence.  Belief.  And perseverance.

We'll be seeing it again.

I love days where family comes first -- and last night it was about my daughters and me. 


*******

Thanks to Blogher and Disney for my screening tickets.  I wasn't required to mention either, but we were so blessed that I feel compelled to thank them for including our family in the screening.  Plus, my daughters thought it was awesome to have reserved seats.  We just walked into the theater, they checked our name off a list, and then showed us to our assigned seats.  Very fun -- what an experience for them -- and me!  :)