too many choices

That would be my daughter, Chloe, standing posing in front of the Edy's Ice Cream.    I had just picked her up from ballet, driven home in a crazy-wicked wind -- I'm talking gusts up to 50+ mph -- had almost got home when she asked sweetly for some sparkling juice.  So I turned around and went to the store where we got some Ice Sparkling water.  And a bit of ice cream.

5th position in front of the ice cream


I love that girl.  She really doesn't care what anyone thinks -- in a great way.  She can walk into the grocery store with wind-whipped hair, which is still in a ballet bun, a cute fall jacket, with shorts and ballet tights, and big brown, fuzzy, clog slipper shoes.  And, between you and me, she pulls it off perfectly.  Then, while we're in the store she'll pose, with perfect ballet hands, in front of the ice cream.

Beautifully.

Life has the moments that you can grab -- like laughing with my almost 13 year old in the aisles of a deserted grocery store.  Or later the same night, when I had my daughters come stand outside with me in the freezing wind -- the gusts could knock you over -- that wind was a rarity, a maybe once or twice a lifetime strong wind.  I wanted them to remember.  To remember a mom who laughed with them, enjoyed life with them, and loved them.  It's those little moments.  Those are the memories.


Lovely Photo - Wordless or Not-So-Wordless Wednesday at Aspire