look (at my) age (and give) thanks

Look

Can you believe this design?  I've longed for a fresher look -- one with photos of those I hold dear.  With seven children and one amazing husband I knew it would be a bit of a task to make it look cohesive.  Well, a challenge for me, but not for my html loving blog-designing daughter, Hannah.  She whipped up this new look for finding joy this afternoon.  In about an hour.  Love her. She, however, laughed heartily when I asked her how long it would take for a nav-bar.  I asked her at 11:57 pm.   At least I knew what a nav-bar was, right?
(Interested in her blog? Check out - Aspire)

Age

No, I am not going to be revealing my age today.  (I might for a coffee gift card)  Anyways, I've begun to realize that I am aging.  Getting old(er).  The irony is that I feel really, really, really young sometimes.  It doesn't seem possible for me to be aging -- I'm okay with it -- but the reality that I'm not a young spring chick anymore is becoming more obvious.

Like when I shake my head at the preteens/teens milling around the gas station.  Seriously?  The Super America is the only place to hang out on a Friday night?  I also felt older when I passed my reflection in the mirrors scattered throughout Target.  And, honestly, it might be because I'm passing mirrors in the grown-up section of clothes.  Not juniors.  That's where you'll find my oldest daughters -- Hannah and Chloe. I will still only buy cute clothes.  Approved by those older daughters. :)

I'm okay with aging.  Really.

I need to go find that verse in the Bible about gray hair being a crown of splendor.  I don't have any --- yet.  But, I can guarantee you that there'll be a blog post on that day.

Thanks


Today I was featured on 5 Minutes for Faith.  It's quite the honor, and I'm grateful.  I'd love for you to check it out -- they republished an article I wrote here on finding joy earlier this summer.  It's one of my faves -- giving thanks, changing perspective, and priorities.  Who would have imagined that I would ever write about that?  Seriously -- I am grateful for blogging, for the friendships that I've made, and the encouragement you've provided.  Thank you!


Hoping that your Saturday is blessed.