those little things


Have you ever wondered about things that might frustrate me?  They're not huge events, but are those little-itty-bitty events that leave me sighing and scratching my head.  Here's a small sampling for you to enjoy.

1) Unmatched socks.  Last night, I folded and sorted and folded again and sorted again, socks.  Baskets of socks.  And, now, this morning, I'm left with a huge laundry bag of unmatched socks.  Where are the socks?  I've done all the laundry.  I've cleaned the drawers.  I don't understand what happens to the socks.  Especially big, fluffy, green socks.  How could that my slipper sock get lost?


my missing the sock bags


2) Almost empty containers put away.  You know what I'm talking about -- the gallon of milk returned to the fridge with barely enough milk on the bottom to get a sip.  Or a cereal box stuffed into the pantry with just crumbs and four pieces in the bottom of the bag.  

3) Empty containers put away.  Specifically my Keurig coffee box.  Went to make my coffee this morning -- opened the Keurig box -- found it empty.  That is just unfair!

4) People holding signs outside their business and waving as I drive by.  Every single time.    Okay -- some explanation.  There's a local oil change company right by ballet that loves to have an employee stand by the road and wave while holding a sign that states - no waiting.  I get so tired of nodding, grinning, waving back, ignoring, pretending to change the station, looking back at the kids, looking the other way, staring straight ahead, and sneezing while I pass them.  You'd think that they would recognize me and that their attempts to pull me into their shop for an oil change will not be met.  They've tried for 6 months.  And, between you and me, I won't be going there.  Just because I have to deal with the wave.

5) When I order a latte at the coffee shop and the cup is waaaaay to light.  Ever had that happen?  You know, when there wasn't enough steamed milk and the barista (love that word) just adds frothed milk thus making the latte more of a cappuccino/latte hybrid. Somehow I feel like I got cheated out of two-three sips of espresso ladened milk.


ahhh...coffee


6) Grocery stores that have their own instore coupons for buy-one-get-one free.  I either drop one or forget one.  Then when I'm walking out of the store, as I scan my receipt, I'll notice that I've been charged for two cherry tomatoes or two porkchop packages or two boxes Ritz crackers.  The only reason I had two, besides having a huge family, is because there was a sign stating that it was a bogo with store coupon.  Come on!  Have mercy on me!  Wouldn't it be nicer for us, the customer, to simply ring the free one up?  Versus having me stand in line at the service desk asking for my refund as I rip out a coupon from the stack on the counter?  At least they don't have someone standing outside with a sign trying to compel me to come in and shop.

7) Crackers.  Why?  Crackers = crumbs.  Remember those Ritz crackers?  They create many, many, many crumbs.  Luckily we sweep about 20 times in one day in this home.  I'll have to go check with Grace, the official kitchen sweeper, how many times she sweeps. Once I check with her I'll update the official count....


the endless sea of crumbs


8) Monday mornings.  After a weekend of sick children.  And now, a sick mom (that would be me).  Monday mornings where I have 2 laundry baskets full of socks -- that are matched -- waiting to put away.  Monday mornings where I know I need to get moving, and pull out the school books.  Sigh...

What I love?

My Caribou coffee, that I picked up this morning because I was out of Keurigs.  That I have baskets of folded socks.  That my Grace has already swept 3 times and is now knitting.  That we have crackers to eat.  That I don't need an oil change. That I can go to the store and replace those empty cereal boxes sitting in my cabinet.  Those are all good.  Oh, yeah, and that Samuel says -- momma.  That melts my heart.

It's time to get to work, my friends.  Enjoy your Monday.  Sip your coffee and think of me. :)

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters