pink peonies

Life can just be so hard.
Sometimes it feels as if those days where you are already struggling you become a free target for a gut punch.  Or a stab in the back. Or just one more problem.
Today was one of those days.

These are the moments where joy feels so fleeting.  So challenging.  Where can it be in the midst of all of this?  My soul aches.  I yearn for a season of peace. The battle makes one weary.  How can I find joy?


Then I see peonies.  Pink peonies that my dear friend, my neighbor blessed me with.  She cares. And in seeing them I start to remember. I remember that there is life beyond the battle.

Then I see Grace running in the backyard.  Free.  Laughing.  Unaware.
There is freedom.

Then I hear Samuel giggling on the carpet in the living room.
There is hope.

Then I remember how Brennan gave me his mega-hug today.
There is love

Then I remember how I love storms and as I write, one is rolling in.
There is power.

Then I remember dinner.  And how fortunate we are to have food.
There is abundance.

Then I remember that even though it's a battle here, I am sitting with Jesus right now.
There is life.

I am not alone.


And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10)