why I blog

Lately, I've been getting comments wondering where I find time to blog. And these comments got me pondering, once again,
why I carve out time to blog.


First, I'm just a mom.  And a wife.  And a friend. And a daughter.  And I like to be busy.  I'm one of those people who has a hard time sitting still.  Literally.  In fact, when we have company over (like today) it is almost excruciating for me to sit.  This, I know, needs to change.  I need to learn to relax, to have fun, to enjoy.  The truth?  If I'm away from my home I can do this.  When I'm home?  It's almost impossible.  I just love being busy.  And, honestly, when I'm busy I don't think and dwell on the hard things of life -- instead I pray and surrender while I work. 


Still, that's not why I blog.

I find time to blog because it helps me think.  It helps me to process life.  I'm able to push myself to do better, to create a game, or cook new things, or read that book -- it's as if I see life through a different lens.  Life is hard.  It just is.  And, it really isn't fair.  I've learned (and I commented on Lynnette Krafts blog about this tonight--she wrote a great post about the idea of fairness) that if I stick in the category of thinking that it's not fair  then I'm stuck.  It's like having one foot on the accelerator and the other on the brakes.  I may create a lot of noise, and friction, and heat -- but no movement.

Somehow blogging helps me
lift my foot off the brake.  

I'm able to start processing and letting go of all of the it's not fair labels that I grasp.  I think about how Jesus needs to be the center of my life, and in the process I begin to see life differently.  In those moments, the realness of God is tangible, and His truth sings to my heart.  Maybe it's in a sign, like one-ways, or in the grass, or the grill, or my little Elijah, or even sweeping.  Whatever it is, the truth that He is permeates my life.  And I feel compelled to write about it.  To share the intimate joy that loving the Savior brings.  And to share those moments where I'm burdened, weighed down -- those real and raw times -- because, my friends, we all have them.  And when you're in one of those pit places of life it feels so lonely.  Like no one would ever ever understand.  I always pray that some of my vulnerability in blogging encourages another to stand up and cling to whatever glimmer of faith is trying to spark in their heart.  For where there is light, there is hope. And I cling to hope.


I love blogging.  I love writing.  And I love speaking and sharing my story.  It's not about me.  It's about my Jesus.  It's about giving Him all the hurts, and trials, and sadness coupled with the joy, happiness and everyday, and telling Him "Here am I" and asking Him to use me for His good.  His purpose.

I give all glory to Him

I'm just a person, living a life filled with joys and sorrows.  A writer.  A feeler.  One who wants to share.  To encourage.  To be a light in a dark and weary world.  To be joyful. To laugh, and cry. To learn. To be real. To live.

That, my friends, is why I blog.