finally...my planting chums post

After six days of a  sick Samuel I can finally state that I think he's on the mend.  I did take him to the pediatrician yesterday, and they did run a bunch of tests...which we'll find out today.  The doctor seemed relieved once the first tests started coming back normal, as she didn't like how sick he was and was slightly concerned.  Praise God for His healing!

____________________________________

Planting Chums (CLICK HERE TO ENTER) for this last week is four random facts. I love this one.  Being a semi-random person this allows my creativity, aka randomness, to shine through.  So grab your coffee, tea, LaCroix water (that was for you Hanni), and enjoy!

1.  I never ever ever ever lose my patience. I am so calm all the time.  It's almost as if I have an extra dose of rational thinking.....okay...this might be a little eensy bit of a fallacy.  Truth?  I've got to work daily to not react, but to speak with intentionality.  When I'm reaching the end of my rope with craziness I've discovered several antidotes.  Which my kids know as well.  One of them?  Coffee.  Hannah or Chloe have been known to state, "why don't you quick go get yourself a latte?  We'll tidy for you...." They've got me figured out. :)

my birthday gift from Hannah and Chloe

2.  I've got a collection of magnets on the side of my fridge.  I don't like much on the front of my fridge.  Less clutter? Nah...I reserve the front for my Truth Magnets.  Ones like Never Ever Ever Ever Give Up or Prayer Changes Things.  The front is pretty empty.  The one side?  Full of magnets from destinations all over the world.  Most of which I have never gone, but a member of my travelling family has visited (the most recent?  New Zealand.)  I love them.  And I'm so glad that my mother convinced me at a young age to NOT collect mugs from travel spots due to space.  Thank goodness I heeded that advice.

my magnets

3.  I love to find the deal.Put a red Target clearance ticket on it and it's a beauty to me.  I used to be an assistant to the regional merchandiser for Pier 1 Imports and started coming across lots of deals while there.  In fact, when I worked there (waaaaay back then) my home probably looked like an add spread for Pier 1.  Now I'm content to scour garage sales and the back endcaps at Target.  Those pics below?  Made up from my finds.  I've got an entire wall of black and white prints put in my "find" frames.

my wall of finds

4.  I love yard work.  Love, love, love gardening and lawn care.  As a child my dad had this huge garden...and I mean huge.  I told him that I would never, ever, ever, ever have a garden when I grew up.  I didn't want to spend hours shelling peas or pulling weeds,  Until I grew up.  Now, I love my garden and my green grass.  I've got these weird concoctions that I put on my grass...beer with dishsoap with ammonia with xyzzz (thanks to the garden guru Jerry Baker).  I love to take my morning stroll and see what's growing.  It's about beauty, about putting my hands in the ground, about peace.  And yeah, going back to number one, if I don't get coffee the next step the kids take is, "why don't you go check your garden, Mom?"

see my garden starting?

new growth

my greening grass


I must thank my daughter Hannah for a) putting together the Planting Chums post and b)taking these fabulous pictures for me (which fyi I saved the wrong way...shouldn't have been saved as a jpg, but rather a png...they'd be even better).  It's amazing the pictures that I get when SHE takes them and I don't USE MY PHONE to take my pics.  I know it's late in the week, but seriously if you're reading this and haven't linked up to Planting Chums now is the time to do so.  All you have to do is list four facts and then you are entered in to win one of 10 amazing Etsy give-aways.  It's awesome.  And I'm not saying that cause I'm her mom. :)


4 - Four Fridays of CONNECTIONS (forging friendships)


Thanks again for all the prayers!!