scrapbook pages for Mother's Day

Yesterday, I hosted a design day at my home for homeschool girls fifth grade and older. My great friend, Amy --who designs amazing, and I mean amazing bracelets (check her out at legacybracelets ....), came and led the design morning. This months project? Creating beautiful scrapbook pages for each girls mom. What I love about the day is that it on each page, each girl wrote a prayer to the Lord thanking them for their moms. It was touching. As I typed each one up I would find myself tearing up at the sweet words these girls wrote.

Here are some pictures of the pages my daughters- Hannah, Chloe and Grace- made for me. I love them so much, and already know that I will cherish them in the years to come.  It amazes me what they treasured -- from the prayers I pray with Grace before ballet, to my faith, to my willingness to be a bit silly.  Those things matter!

from Hanni...

from Chloe aka Coco

Gracie girl

____________________________

What do you love to do for Mother's Day?

We've done brunches before, but as each year passes on I've realized that I don't really like the brunch thing. I have to get everyone ready, and then I need to keep order in a fancy-shmancy place. I prefer a calmer day. My Mother's Day present of choice? A shopping trip to the local nursery. I love, love, love flowers and gardening. There are few things I enjoy more than browsing the rows of fresh blooms and dreaming of them growing in my own soil.

some of my flowers