the family agenda

I typically type my blog posts at night. I've discovered that if I'm on the computer for any length of time in the morning that mass chaos will quickly ensue in our home and that any semblance of an agenda will be lost. So I write and process. Late at night.

Tonight's post?

An agenda. Tomorrows. A plan.  Written down. (or in reality typed)

This is huge for me.

It's very simple. I'm listing one thing I'd like to do with or for each of my children tomorrow. And then one thing to bless my husband.  And one thing, I guess, for me.

Here goes:

1. Samuel (7months) - will spend time rocking with him with NO distractions. No computers, phones, television, nothing. Just Samuel and me.

Samuel

2. Elijah (2.5yrs) - I aim to spend 15 minutes reading to him. And this means reading to him EVEN IF it's the same book....the entire 15 minutes. Even if it's the pirate book that I've got memorized.

Elijah

3. Caleb (4 yrs) - He needs an art project. I'm thinking that I'd like to pull out the watercolor paints for him. This will be thrilling for him. And I'm sure he'll tell me (which he does whenever he's happy) that, "this is the best day ever" or "this is better than a piece of cake!!"
         I love that guy.

Caleb

4. Brennan (6 yrs) - I'm planning on drawing with you. I'll set the timer for 15 minutes and we will draw your newest creation...the chain guys. Even if I'm not quite sure what they are.  So I'll draw.  And I'll learn.  And I'll laugh.


Brennan

5. Grace Eva (9 yrs) - Today we played the game QWIRKLE (which she won...or shall I say creamed me!). I know how much she love games so I'm planning on playing one with her tomorrow.Wish me luck!  And between you and me I've been practicing...hee hee..hee. :)

Gracie

6. Chloe (12 yrs) - my sweet Chloe needs me to sit and plan her testimony with her. She's getting confirmed in two weeks and they are video-taping her testimony on Wednesday. I need to dedicate at least 30 minutes for her. And besides that, I can sit and listen to her....she needs to feel loved.

Chloe

7. Hannah (almost 14 yrs...are you happy I didn't write 13, Hanni?) - I know I need to sit down and help her prioritize and develop a strategy for her summer. This includes working on her blog business. She also needs to hear how proud of her I am and how much I love and value her, and that she is a daughter of the King.

Hannah

8 Todd (my fabulous husband) - my plan? That when you call, no matter how crazy it is in the house, that I am supportive and cheerful. Not complaining. And that dinner is done when you get home.

 (and, yes, there's no picture.  I'm on his laptop, and it's late, and surprise, surprise there are no pictures of himself on his laptop!)

9. Me? - honestly...I'm planning on taking a 15 minute rest in the afternoon. I've discovered that if I can take a break and breathe and pray that I am much more focused for the rest of the afternoon. My kids like me better than too.

that's just me


(I love this picture of Samuel and me that was taken when he was one week old.  Sigh....)

Not a very deep post today.  More of a "I'm pulling up my bootstraps" and having a better day tomorrow.  Well, in reality, today wasn't that bad...it just need more direction.  Like a plan.  Or an agenda. Not mine, but an idea, a plan, surrendered.  None of this (except that nap) is really about me.  It's about them.  For them.  Out of love.

How about you? What does you family agenda look like today?  Even if it's one thing...it's good....it's movement....intentionality.

_____________________

I'm joining a meme today called tuesday's unwrapped.  It's a lovely collection of beauty and intentionality.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats