thanks & miscellany monday

First, thank you for your prayers.  I really appreciate each one of you storming the gates a of heaven on our family's behalf.  Part of me didn't want to write this morning, but I'm just going to let that go.  If I waited till my life had everything ideal, then I'm afraid there'd be no more journaling.  So, I'm holding my head high, and I'm praising, and...
...I'm living with joy.

________________________________

My blogging pal, Carissa, has this meme called Miscellany Monday.  The intention?  To be random.  List whatever about you, your life, your likes, you name it.  As a random person by nature I knew I had to link in. Plus, my daughter Hannah, is joining....so I needed the push.

1. I can (well sort of) speak Italian.  That was my language I studied in college for three years.  Now, I know that I am not nearly as fluent as I was waaaay back then, but I've kept several essential elements.  One--is hand gestures...lifting of the right hand as to emphasize a point.  Two--I can state the names of Italian food better than the waiter serving me.  This always causes them to look at me differently.  At least I like to think it's due to my amazing pronunciation and not that I have the jumbo sized family.  Three--I know how to ask for the bathroom.  This is critical for the day in my life when I actually will get to go to Italy.  Someday.  So...the big moment..
.dov'e i'll bagno?

I dream of Tuscany

2. I have been pregnant for about 278 weeks throughout my adult life.  This translates to about 5 1/3 years.  Just had to get that out there.   (And now, I need to lift my own jaw off of the ground.)  And I'm one of those pregnant women that stays super tiny.  (so sorry)  In fact, when I was pregnant with my Chloe, and in labor, a nurse came over to me as I was walking the halls and told me that I needed to go back to my floor as visiting hours were over (I had the hospital gowns on).  I calmly told her, "I'm in labor."  She didn't realize I was pregnant...lol...she should have come seen me three hours later. :)

Me at 38 weeks with Samuel

3. The Caribou coffee employees know me.  At two different Caribous.  Just last week the gal said, "oh...you're getting the Monday Iced Mocha deal again?  It's good to see you every week."  I am so busted.  Thank goodness my Keurig Coffee Maker brews Caribou.

That is what I am sipping now was brewed in my cherry red Keurig

ahhh...love this gadget

4. I send out a Christmas card every couple of years.  This year I did simply because Hannah made an awesome card for me.  I still love it....:)  Think my kids look alike???

the card.


4. Blogging makes me feel normal.  No more words needed.

my young blogging apprentice


Have a great Monday!  If you'd love to read more random facts...hop on over to Carissa's blog and link up!!