my mom

Happy Mother's Day!

I've learned so much from my mom.  As the years pass by, my mom's wisdom grows.  I remember thinking, "I won't do that when I'm a mom," and yet, now, I find myself calling my mom...almost daily...asking for her advice.  Those things that I didn't want to do?  I do them.  And I think of my mom.

I love my mom.  I desire to be a mom just as wonderful as she is....God has truly blessed me by allowing her to be my mother.

my mom

Here's a short list of things I love about my mom:

1. I love her determination.  She is a worker, and yet rarely complains.  She makes work light.
2. I love that family is her priority.  Her love of family has passed down to my family.  My family, my children know that they are valued and treasured.  We've gone up to the same resort with my family every year since I was eight.  That week with the family?  Priceless.
3. I love her faithfulness.  My parents have been married for 37 years now. 
4. I love that she helps me.  There have been so many times where my mom still drops everything to help me.  Be it a child sick, or myself sick, or a vehicle problem, or whatever...my mom is there.  Literally.  This April she was in New Zealand and it was so hard on me to not be able to connect with her.
5. My mom is generous.  She's a listener.  And a doer.
6. My mom has a great faith.  She never needs to talk about it, it's evident in what she does. How she acts.
7. When my mom speaks, I listen.  Her heart is good.

God gave me a great mom. Wait...that should be an AWESOME mom.

 

Happy Mother's Day Mom

  & I love you!