me vs. the grill and some various thoughts

it's been windy here.  Really, really windy.  Then I got the idea to grill burgers.  In intenseWIND.  Then Hannah got the idea to take pictures of me attempting to flip burgers that were flaming up in gusts of wind.  Actually, she got the idea AFTER she saw licks of flame escaping from the side of our grill.  Final results?  Fire = zero.  Us = exceptionally flame-grilled burgers.  mmmmmmmmmm......

it's time for battle

careful, careful


taming the grill

Man, those burgers were good.
_____________________________

Abigail Kraft@ rear window watched the vlog that Hannah put up yesterday on her blog. (want to watch? click here ) In that "lovely" video it has me interacting with my Samuel, Hannah and Chloe.  And, to put it mildly, being a little bit silly.  Anyways, Abigail emails Hannah and states that she loves our Northern accent.  WHAT?  Just because I live in Minnesoooooota?  And I have an accent?  Grin...her comment almost made me spit out my coffee in laughter.  Almost.

Actually, I already know about my blessed Minnesotan accent.  When we lived in San Diego people would stop me to hear me talk.  Really.  I was working part-time and I was the person to be around.  I don't realize how prominent it is until I leave Minnesota and come back.  A couple years ago we went to this large family retreat in southern Missouri.  Of course, everyone loved the voice when we were there.(another fun side note I met Amy from raisingarrows at this retreat.  She is a blessing!)  Once we arrived back in our beauty of a state I began to hear it....that long drawing out of vowels.  Especially the letter o.  And I thought, "do I really sound like that?" hee hee hee....yep.

________________________________

I won Lynnette Kraft's (Abigail's delightful mother) Getting to Know You contest for April (see my side bar).  I won this amazing canvas print...actually I decide what goes on it.  So I'm thinking I'm going to do this photo of Samuel.  My canvas size is 16x20.  What do you think? And THANK YOU Lynnette.  Seriously.  Thank you.

this pic?

I also want to thank Wendy, from faithsfirmfoundation.  She had a give-away and I won this great pilates dvd.  My daughters take pilates (as part of their classical ballet program) and rave about it.  They've wanted me to come for so long.  Now I'm going to try this and then hopefully attempt their class.  Thank you Wendy. And as a neat side note...Wendy and I found out that we live less than five miles from each other.  We had no idea prior to this give-away.  Once I sent her my address the reality came out!  Too fun! Want to meet at Caribou, Wendy?  I'll be there....:)

I blog for fun....I never expected to win anything.  So this was mega fun!
_________________________________

finally...I want to once again clarify that my last post was about my own journey with words.  I have ONLY received beautiful and lovely thoughts from all of you.  So thank you.  Thanks for putting up with my thoughts about life. You guys are blessings!

By the way if you'd like to receive my blog posts via your email I've got my feedburner set up .  Simply click here....Subscribe to finding joy by Email