simple joys

You'd think that we never have food in my house.  When I come home from the grocery store my kids are instantly hungry and it literally becomes a mild feeding frenzy in our kitchen.

Can I have some blueberries?
How about cherries?
A nectarine?
Could I just try this cereal?...please?
You got this?  You're the best!
Could I please have a teeny - tiny taste of these crackers?

So my new strawberries end up on the top shelf of our cabinet -- out of little ones reach -- just until dinner -- they're just waiting for that yummy fruit salad.




It's these simple things in life that make me content.  They bring joy.  It doesn't need to be a grandiose trip, or a new couch, or any thing huge -- it's the little things.  The excitement of Elijah as he eats a handful of blueberries. The joy that the box of freezy pops brings to my older boys.   And me?  I'm grateful.  So thankful for stores that are bursting with food.  Thankful for the $56 I saved using coupons.  Thankful for the ability to purchase food.   Thankful for the new baseball that we received as we were leaving the parking lot.  Thankful for the vehicle to get to the store.  Thankful for the working fridge to put the food into.  Thankful for the little faces grinning as they unloaded the bags. 


Thankful.

---------------------------------

Have a blessed Saturday!